One glorious week, gone in the blink of an eye - I just returned from 7 fantastic days in Oahu, Hawaii. What I love most about Hawaii is that it is, simply, BEAUTIFUL. My week in paradise was spent with three good friends at a beach condo in Ko Olina, which means "place of joy". I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a warm, comfortable getaway with fantastic views, amazing beaches and overall stunning scenery. We went snorkeling, diving, hiking, dining, LOST chasing, shopping (Target! Outlet mall!) and spent a ton of time on the beach.
Here's what I learned in my week of Hawaiian Bliss:
- Pumpkin pie tastes best when eaten on a lanai, overlooking the ocean.
- My friend Nicole, is 30-something going on 85. Thanks to her, we watched a Golden Girls marathon (no, I am not kidding) and she freely admits to being slightly obsessed with "Murder She Wrote". (As an aside - I rediscovered that Golden Girls really was a funny show).
- One giant bag of Kirkland Organic Tortilla Chips is precisely the right size for 4 women on vacation for a week.
- My friend Heather is a cover-stealer. Brrrrr.
- The noise that Nicole emits when being swarmed by tropical fish (because she is feeding them bits of croissant) sounds like a pig on helium and acid. It is augmented by the fact that it is coming through her snorkel. It is the funniest thing I have ever heard.
- No matter what time of day you run in Hawaii, you will sweat like a pig.
- Menchies is nirvana. Frozen yogurt, toppings and delicious goodness. It's right up there with Coldstone.
- Fresh pineapple + Pina Coloda mix + ice + blender = PARADISE
- It takes up to 20 months to grow a pineapple. Who knew?
- I need to go back to Hawaii soon.