Ok, so it has been months since I last sat down at my computer to make a blog entry. I've had a million different topics fly through my head, but since the arrival of Baby A, there doesn't always seem to be enough time. I have a minute - a sacred minute - where I am ignoring the 3 giant piles of laundry downstairs, and have just emerged the victor in the "i don't want to nap mother, so I am going to scream for 20 minutes like you just stabbed me in the eye with a hot poker" battle.
So here are some the things that I am thankful for, July 2011 edition:
1) Epidurals. It might be 4 months since I had one, but seriously ladies, why would you go through labour without it?
2) Healthy Choice bars: 2 points on weightwatchers, 5 minutes of pure heaven (3 if I am starving).
3) The fact that my baby sleeps. To all you mothers out there with babies that battle you through the night, my hat is off to you. I don't know how you do it.
4) My garden. A never ending source of pleasure (despite the raging battle I have with the remnants of a sumach tree and goutweed. Curses!!)
6) My amazing friends and family. They made the first three months so much easier - food appeared, dishes got done and I stared at wonder at Baby A.
7) Air conditioning. I am thankful for that RIGHT NOW.
8) Rogers on Demand. Yeah, I work for the company. But you know what? On Demand is serious gold. A nursing mother's best friend.
9) My iPhone. I love you iPhone. You and your smart photography apps and to do lists. Your podcasts (see #5,) your google maps and Scrabble app. And yet I covet your sister the iPad. Continuously. Someday I will have her - but until then, you are my first Apple love.
10) The BabyVac. Hook it up to your vaccuum and suction out your baby's nose. I am not kidding.